Course Reflection Guidelines PURPOSE The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR4286 course. COURSE OUTCOMES This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes: – The students will identify the physiological process of aging. – The students will be able to differentiate the adaptative human response to the aging process. – The student will be able to manage and care older adults and their families. POINTS This assignment is worth a total of 100 points (10%). DUE DATE Submit your completed assignment under the Assignment tab by Friday 11:59 p.m. EST of Week 15 as directed. REQUIREMENTS 1. The Course Reflection is worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of selfassessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric. 2. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab. 3. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages. 4. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered): Note: Introduction Write an introduction but do not use Introduction as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63). a. Course Reflection b. Conclusion PREPARING YOUR REFLECTION The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR4286 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to: 1. Conduct comprehensive and focused physical, behavioral, psychological, spiritual, socioeconomic, and environmental assessments of health and illness parameters in patients, using developmentally and culturally appropriate approaches. 2. Recognize the relationship of genetics and genomics to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection of treatment, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness, using a constructed pedigree from collected family history information as well as standardized symbols and terminology. Florida National University NUR4286 NUR4286 Course Reflection Guidelines.docx 08/21/19 2 3. Implement holistic, patient centered care that reflects an understanding of human growth and development, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical management, and nursing management across the health illness continuum, across the lifespan, and in all healthcare settings. 4. Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, including the patient and the patients support network. 5. Deliver compassionate, patient centered, evidence-based care that respects patient and family preferences. 6. Implement patient and family care around resolution of end of life and palliative care issues, such as symptom management, support of rituals, and respect for patient and family preferences. 7. Provide appropriate patient teaching that reflects developmental stage, age, culture, spirituality, patient preferences, and health literacy considerations to foster patient engagement in their care. 8. Implement evidence-based nursing interventions as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients and promoting health across the lifespan. 9. Monitor client outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of psychobiological interventions. 10. Facilitate patient centered transitions of care, including discharge planning and ensuring the caregivers knowledge of care requirements to promote safe care. 11. Provide nursing care based on evidence that contributes to safe and high-quality patient outcomes within healthcare microsystems. 12. Create a safe care environment that results in high quality patient outcomes. 13. Revise the plan of care based on an ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes. 14. Demonstrate clinical judgment and accountability for patient outcomes when delegating to and supervising other members of the healthcare team. 15. Manage care to maximize health, independence, and quality of life for a group of individuals that approximates a beginning practitioners workload 16. Demonstrate the application of psychomotor skills for the efficient, safe, and compassionate delivery of patient care. 17. Develop a beginning understanding of complementary and alternative modalities and their role in health care. 18. Develop an awareness of patients as well as healthcare professionals spiritual beliefs and values and how those beliefs and values impact health care. 19. Manage the interaction of multiple functional problems affecting patients across the lifespan, including common geriatric syndromes. 20. Understand ones role and participation in emergency preparedness and disaster response with an awareness of environmental factors and the risks they pose to self and patients 21. Engage in caring and healing techniques that promote a therapeutic nurse patient relationship. 22. Demonstrate tolerance for the ambiguity and unpredictability of the world and its effect on the healthcare system as related to nursing practice. (pp. 31-32). Reference: American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Course Reflection 4286
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Studymonk only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Studymonk are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Studymonk is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Studymonk, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.