Please! No Plagiarized Work.
Topic: Case Report: Application of Public Health Concepts for the Uninsured
In this assignment, learners are required to write a case report addressing the personal knowledge and skills gained in this course and potentially solving an identified practice problem.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Construct a 2,500-3,000 word (approximately 10-12 pages) case report that includes a problem or situation consistent with a DNP area of practice.
- Review the IOM and Kaiser Commission Report on the uninsured to develop the case report.
- Apply public health concepts to describe understanding of the problem or situation of focus.
- Apply one or more public health concepts to the recommended intervention or solution being proposed.
- Develop the case report across the entire scenario from the identification of the clinical or health care problem through the proposal for an intervention, implementation, and evaluation using an appropriate research instrument.
- Describe the evaluation of the selected research instrument in the case report.
- Lastly, explain in full the tenets, rationale for selection (empirical evidence), and clear application using the language of public health concepts within the case report.
Case Report Requirements:
In addition, your case report must include the following:
- Introduction with a problem statement.
- Brief literature review.
- Description of the case/situation/conditions explained from a theoretical perspective.
- Discussion that includes a detailed explanation of the synthesized literature findings.
- Summary of the case.
- Proposed solutions to remedy gaps, inefficiencies, or other issues from a theoretical approach.
- Identification of a research instrument to evaluate the proposed solution along with a description of how the instrument could be evaluated.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting.
Review Chapter 7 and read Chapter 8.
Bunnell, R., O’neil, D., Soler, R., Payne, R., Giles, W., Collins, J., & Bauer, U. (2012). Fifty communities putting prevention to work: Accelerating chronic disease prevention through policy, systems and environmental change. Journal of Community Health, 37(5), 1081-1090.
Larkin, H. (2014). Population health: embracing RISK. H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks, 88(10), 30-45.
Hamar, G., Rula, E. Y., Wells, A., Coberley, C., Pope, J. E., & Larkin, S. (2013). Impact of a chronic disease management program on hospital admissions and readmissions in an Australian population with heart disease or diabetes. Population Health Management, 16(2), 125-131.