Discussing the Future of Evolving Health Care Informatics
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
- Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (2014).
- Chapter 31
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate the articles below:
- Sensmeier, J. (2013). Technologys future now. Nursing Management, 441(12), 6.
- Haux, R. (2011). Medical informatics: Past, present, future. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 79(9), 599-610.
- Explore/View the website(s) below:
- WISER. (2019). Is Simulation the Future of Nursing Education?. Retrieved from https://www.wiser.pitt.edu/sites/wiser/ns08/day1_NW_IsSimulationTheFuture.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- HIMSS. (2014, May 29). How has the field of nursing informatics changed? – with Ruth Slater[Video file]. Retrieved from How has the field of nursing informatics changed? – with Ruth Slater (Links to an external site.)
Future Vision of Informatics
What is your vision for the future of informatics in nursing practice?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
- Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.