Leading through Change
Nurses work together in rapidly changing environments and must adapt to keep up with these changes. Understanding the chosen nursing advanced practice role, change theory, and leadership skills fosters cooperative relationships and advances healthcare for all as nurses leading in the healthcare environment.
Analyze your chosen MSN role. Reflect on the future of nursing and healthcare and how your chosen MSN role, change management, and leadership strategies will address the needs of the future healthcare system.
- Evaluate the future vision and goals of your chosen MSN role and relate to emerging healthcare trends and needs.
- Investigate change management strategies you and other nursing advanced practice colleagues should understand to promote appropriate change management and response to the rapidly evolving healthcare system. Appraise leadership qualities necessary for your chosen advanced nursing practice role. Determine qualities you currently possess and those qualities you will need to develop for your chosen role.
- Develop a plan to expand your leadership toolbox. What will you do to develop your leadership skills for future needs and challenges?
Your paper must be presented in a single Word document. The paper must be between 3 to 4 pages in length, not including the title and reference list pages. The paper must use proper APA formatting as directed in the APA Publication Manual, 7th edition, including title page, and reference list with properly formatted citations in the body of the paper.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 7th edition format.
- For assistance, visit the Academic Success Center.
- For assistance with PowerPoint audio, please visit Microsoft Support.