Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross-reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Sizer, F., & Whitney, E. N. (2020). Nutrition: Concepts and controversies (15th ed.). Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1
- As part of your readings in this module, please also review the following:
- Do We Control Our Food Choices? (2:12)
Rutgers Today. (2015, February 27). Do we control our food choices? [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/GnVUI8SSM4g
Do We Control Our Food Choices? (Links to an external site.)
Supplemental Materials & Resources
- USDA Food Labeling (Links to an external site.)
FDA. (2021, June 9). Food labeling & nutrition. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/food/food-labeling-nutrition
- ChooseMyPlate Infographics (Links to an external site.)
USDA. (n.d.). Infographics. MyPlate | U.S. Department of Agriculture. https://www.choosemyplate.gov/infographics
Nutrition Information and Misinformation
Consumers obtain much of their nutrition information from the internet, television news, and magazine articles. What we eat every day is influenced by many factors.
After studying Module 1: Lecture Materials & Resources, answer the following:
- Discuss what influences what you eat every day and provide at least one example (ex: TV ads, busy life, culture, family, religion, etc.).
- Your initial post should be at least 150 words, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.