Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross-reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Sizer, F., & Whitney, E. N. (2020).
- For Discussion A: Chapter 11 , for discussion B chapter 12 both chapters on attachment
- For Discussion A: Chronic Disease Nutrition (1:46)
Capital Media Group Inc. (2014, March 27). Mission critical health – Chronic disease nutrition [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/hcVvIBrV2TQ
Mission Critical Health – Chronic Disease Nutrition (Links to an external site.)
- For Discussion B: Food Safety in Seconds (1:16)
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (2018, September 6). Food safety in seconds [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/iguM_pqetzo
Food Safety in Seconds (Links to an external site.)
In the United States today, more than 92 million people suffer some form of disease of the heart and blood vessels, collectively known as cardiovascular disease (CVD). Chronic hypertension is one of the most prevalent forms of CVD, afflicting about 85 million U.S. adults, and its incidence has been rising steadily.
After studying Module 7: Lecture Materials & Resources, answer the following:
- List 5 risk factors placing people at risk of developing chronic diseases.
- List the top 3 leading causes of death in the United States.
- Describe in your own words how obesity increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Explain how hypertension increases the risk of stroke.
- Share an example of a nutritional strategy to reduce cancer.
Review the PowerPoint “Food Safety” and watch the video “Food Safety in Seconds” located in Module 7: Lecture Materials & Resources, then discuss the following:
- List 3 residues you can find in foods.
- Describe the cause of foodborne illnesses.
- List 3 examples of how to prevent Microbial Food Illnesses from foods.
- List 3 signs and symptoms of Foodborne Illness.
- Your initial post should be at least 200 words each discussion, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.