- Identify a clinical issue of interest that can form the basis of a clinical inquiry.
- Develop a PICOT question to address this clinical issue of interest.
- Using the keywords from the PICOT question, search at least four different databases in the Walden Library to identify at least four relevant peer-reviewed articles at the systematic-reviews level.
- Conduct a critical appraisal of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected by completing the Critical Appraisal Worksheet.
Based on your appraisal, recommend a best practice that emerges from the research you reviewed. In a 1- to 2-page narrative, address the following:
- Explain the best practice that emerged, justifying your proposal with APA citations for the evidenced-based research that you reviewed.
Martos-Cabrera, M. B., Mota-Romero, E., Martos-García, R., Gómez-Urquiza, J. L., Suleiman-Martos, N., & Albendín-García, L. (2019). Hand Hygiene Teaching Strategies among Nursing Staff: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and public health, 16(17), 3039.
Price, L., MacDonald, J., Gozdzielewska, L., Howe, T., Flowers, P., Shepherd, L., … & Reilly, J. (2018). Interventions to improve healthcare workers hand hygiene compliance: a systematic review of systematic reviews. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, 39(12), 1449-1456.
Seo, H. J., Sohng, K. Y., Chang, S. O., Chaung, S. K., Won, J., & Choi, M. J. (2019). Interventions to improve hand hygiene compliance in emergency departments: a systematic review. Journal of Hospital Infection.
Schweizer, M. L., Reisinger, H. S., Ohl, M., Formanek, M. B., Blevins, A., Ward, M. A., & Perencevich, E. N. (2014). Searching for an optimal hand hygiene bundle: a meta-analysis. Clinical infectious diseases, 58(2), 248-259.