[insert Task 6 to be completed out of class]
Read and review WHO handbook on Healthcare Levels of Interaction
Levels of Interaction Practical Example
Study case depicted in the picture of a young Hawaiian boy who does not take his insulin and manage his diabetes. Note the different levels on which health actions/interactions occur. (a larger picture is in the Important Documents).
Become familiar with different health models.
- The Health Belief Model (in Important Documents)
Watch video on
Using the example above with Johnny, the Hawaiian boy. Select one of the behavioral theories or models explored and write a short summary (1 page) on how this model could be potentially used as a framework for helping patients manage diabetes better.
Assignment: Analyzing a Community Problem
Discuss what a community problem is, why it should be addressed, how you will collect information about the problem, and how to analyze the problem in order to prepare to develop a plan of action. Use the guideline for analyzing a community problem below, and use this to analyze a problem in the community you chose for your project.
- The problem occurs too frequently (frequency)
- The problem has lasted for a while (duration)
- The problem affects many people (scope, or range)
- The problem is disrupting to personal or community life, and possibly intense (severity)
- The problem deprives people of legal or moral rights (equity)
- The issue is perceived as a problem (perception)
Write up the analysis and submit to the dropbox.