Facilitate public health nursing care through collaboration with resource partners, including dissemination of relevant information.
The preceptor wants to encourage senior nursing students to learn more about how public health nurse professionals collaborate with community-based resource partners. As a senior nursing student, you are asked to interview a public health nurse professional working in a community clinic, the health department, or a program that specifically deals with vulnerable populations.You will need to prepare interview questions, contact a public health nurse professional to schedule the interview, perform the interview, and prepare a thank you email with a summary of the interview.
Part One Questions for InterviewPrepare six interview questions that identify:
- The role of the public health nurse professional in the community.
- The populations served by the organization.
- The collaboration that occurs with community-based resource partners.
- To address the needs of specific populations.
- To disseminate relevant information to the community.
Part Two InterviewConduct an interview with a public health nurse professional by:
- Scheduling the interview
- Determine how the interview will take place (over the phone, in person, Skype, Google Hangout, or a web-conferencing tool).
- Determine when the interview will be (date and time).
- Documenting the responses to the interview questions and include the following contact information:
- The full name of the public health nurse professional.
- The name of the organization the public health nurse is employed.
- Phone number of the organization.
- Work email address of public health nurse professional.
Part Three Thank You EmailPrepare a thank you email to the public health nurse professional that:
- Provides the public health nurse professional with two suggested resources for information to support their community.
- Concludes with a thank you statement and summary paragraph of the interview.
- Provides stated ideas with professional language and attribution for credible sources with correct APA citation, spelling, and grammar in the interview questions, interview responses document, and thank you email.