For this assignment, complete the following:
- Review the Toulmin-model outline (Week 2 Lesson) and your completed Week 1 Assignment (Pro-Position Proposal). Assess any feedback provided by the professor and/or your peers.
- Compose a position paper representing the pro side of your topic. (See the Pro-Paper Template). The paper should include approximately 6 developed paragraphs:
- Introduction (with thesis statement)
- Context paragraph
- 3 body paragraphs (focusing on 3 pros)
- Apply a formal tone appropriate for academic audiences, maintaining an objective 3rd person point of view – no 1st person (I, me, my, we, our, us, mine) or 2nd person (you, your). Avoid contractions, clichés, and slang terminology.
- Use the provided template to assist in formatting the title page and headers.
- Incorporate at least 3 scholarly sources into the paper. Cite all sources in APA format, both parenthetically and on a reference page.
- Before submission, proofread and edit carefully for spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Not every error will be flagged automatically in word-processing programs, and some that are flagged as errors are actually correct.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 3 academic articles)
This activity will be graded using the Pro-Position Paper Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 3, 6
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday