- Write a research paper addressing a chosen business theory and its application to current industry practices and environments.
Senior executives—and those who work with them such as advisors and consultants—must be skilled in organizational analysis. In particular, they must have proven abilities to review the current or proposed structure of an organization, compare it to the overall strategy, and recommend changes that will lead to enhanced performance.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- Thinking Habits of Mind, Heart, and Imagination.
- New Business Realities of the 21st Century.
- Complete the following:
- Research business theories using the Capella library. You may also wish to use the materials provided in the Resources.
- Choose a theory that you feel is most relevant for today’s environment, and explain why you feel that way.
- Describe the industry associated with your theory, and identify best practices for organizational structure and learning.
- Provide recommendations for enhancing industry performance, and connect your recommendations to what is currently happening in the local and global environment.
- Based on the information presented in the New Business Realities of the 21st Century and Thinking Habits of Mind, Heart, and Imagination documents, analyze how a shift in business mindset affects the performance level in an organization. Use the most relevant realities and habits, as well as examples, to support your analysis.
- Based on the information presented in the research you have conducted, industry best practices, and the analysis you just provided, choose one of the following options:
- Explain how you would redesign an existing organization to have higher performance.
- Explain how you would design a new organization to achieve high performance and learning.
- Format this assessment as a research paper following APA guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure you also use correct grammar and mechanics. There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each part while also being as clear and concise as possible.
Please note: The term environment is used throughout this course to mean all of the external factors that affect an organization. These include, but are not limited to, the overall global market, the industry as a whole, and the financial market.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Analyze the impact of learning and performance in organizational structures.
- Explain a business theory associated with enhancing business performance.
- Describe industry best practices for organizational structure and learning.
- Recommend improvements for industry performance based on current environmental trends.
- Analyze how a shift in business mindset affects the performance level in an organization.
- Competency 3: Create a model for organizational structure of a high-performance organization.
- Describe a model for organizational structure that leads to high performance.