Develop strategies to engage healthcare staff in quality improvement initiatives.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
Being a member of the quality team, you are working with a member of HR to create a quality improvement strategy and training for the hospital. This training will engage the healthcare staff in promoting diversity and inclusion in healthcare to improve patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation (using speaker notes for each slide or voiceover narration) that will be presented to the Director of Quality. Include the following information in the training:
- Devise one quality improvement goal and one objective addressing cultural competence in healthcare for the hospital
- Develop three initiatives to meet the objective within the next year.
- Select one initiative and create a staff training that can be implemented within the next 30 days. The training should include:
- An analysis of the growing need for diversity awareness and inclusion
- Discuss the value of cultural competence in healthcare quality improvement
- Evaluate the relationship of patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction related to diversity awareness and inclusion
- A training activity related to cultural competence and quality improvement