Information systems are interrelated components working together to collect, process, store, and disseminate information to support decision making, coordination, control, analysis, and visualization in an organization.” Excerpted from Management Information Systems, (2012)(12th ed), Prentice-Hall. Business practitioners need to understand and recognize the components and how they work together to enhance organizational effectiveness.
This week’s individual project will investigate the components of management information systems, and how managers use these systems to make business decisions. Address each of the items below within your assignment:
- Identify the five components of an information system.
- Which component do you think is most essential to the success of a business organization?
- Explain the purpose of two hardware components and the impact they have on business operations.
- Discuss how an ERP system supports effective business decision-making.
Submit a three-page paper in APA format. Use at least three references. Please note that title page and reference page do not count as part of the three (3) page total.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.