Starting a business requires planning, projecting what you want for your business today, and determining what your business plan is for the future. A successful business must plan for future growth, which requires making choices today about the type of business to be created. Understanding the different business types, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each, will assist in making the decision.
In addition, you must be familiar with the key roles involved in each type of business, as well as how they utilize financial information to make operational decisions. The first step is researching the 3 types of business organizations. This research process will allow you the opportunity to explain the fundamental concepts of accounting in the health care environment and showcase your growing accounting skills.
Preparing for the Assignment:
As head of your department, you are responsible for disseminating information to your staff. You have decided to create an infographic handout about the 3 types of business organizations to help them learn about the 3 types of business organizations, understand the key users’ roles, and recognize how the different types of business organizations utilize financial information in the day-to-day business operations.
Use the information from Ch. 1, “Introduction to Financial Statements,” of Accounting to create an infographic in which you:
- Describe the following 3 types of business organizations: sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
- Describe 1 advantage and disadvantage for each of the 3 types of business organizations.
- Describe the key users (i.e., sole proprietor, partnership, board of directors, CEO, COO, CFO, managers, etc.) of financial information.
- Explain the types of day-to-day business decisions made by using financial statements.
Format any references used according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
- Infographic page on the Microsoft® website